Saturday, 5 July 2014

Primitive Hooked Rug

In past posts, I've mentioned that I came into a wealth of rug hooking supplies, collected over the years by a woman in our community who is no longer hooking.  Among the treasures were several patterns.  Although I usually design my own patterns, this one particularly appealed to me - little did I know that this particular pattern had been designed by  fellow rug hooker, Wendy Zelsman!  No wonder it appealed to me - Wendy is a prolific rug hooker, and my "teacher"!  So credit goes to her for the whimsical design!

This rug has been my "life's work" for the past three months.  Hooked with recycled wool fabric on burlap, I especially enjoyed mixing in a variety of dark plaids to add extra depth to the flowers.  The piece measures 32 1/2" x 25 1/2" and would be a warm and wonderful addition to any room!



Primitive Hooked Rug
32 1/2" x 25 1/2"
$390  (plus postage if necessary)
Available by contacting me at rdyer@nexicom.net


SOLD

Close-Up Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.