Monday, 13 May 2013

Rag Rug

Several  years ago, a friend in Lakefield showed me how to crochet rag rugs.  I used colourful, recycled sheets, tore them into strips, and machine-sewed the strips together.  Then I began to crochet the rug.  I made several over the years, and they were very popular. But, after a while, I found that the  ripping and sewing became too tedious, and I stopped making them.  I still love the look of rag rugs, though  - so when I was "gifted" a bolt of 2" uncut fabric  (i.e. one continuous piece!!!), I was inspired to make this pretty little rug!  At 28 1/2" in diameter, this would be a perfect bathroom, kitchen or bedside rug.


Rag Rug
Muted tones of rose, green, cream
(Measures approx. 28 1/2" in diameter)
Unavailable - the colours in this rug looked so beautiful in my bathroom that I decided to keep it for myself....






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.