I took a break from hooking and felting projects yesterday and had fun with sticks and paint to make these rustic buttons. I selected a nice sturdy branch from my yard, sawed it into disks, drilled button holes, and painted the designs. The buttons have been sealed with acrylic varnish to make them more durable. I would suggest that they be used on knitted, crocheted, or other craft projects, since wooden buttons wouldn't stand up to constant laundering. If item must be washed, simply handwash it in warm or cold water, and blot the button dry with a towel.
I intend to make more wooden buttons, and have put in a request for beeswax from Wren Lane Honey - one of the vendors at the Lakefield Farmers' Market. The beeswax will provide a lovely protective covering for the wood.

|
Rustic Wooden Buttons Set of four - $10
(SET OF HEART BUTTONS - SOLD) Available by contacting me at rdyer@nexicom.net |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.