Saturday, 22 December 2012

Over a year ago, my wonderful across-the-road neighbor gave me a huge bag of un-dyed rovings.  The wool had been washed;  there were no remnants of the oily lanolin - but there were still  many bits of grass and twigs that needed to be plucked out!

Although felting was still on the horizon for me, I knew I had received a precious gift.  So I stored the wool away until inspiration hit me.  It wasn't long before I was tossing big bundles of rovings into the dye pot - in preparation for my first project!
Freshly dyed wool fabric and rovings drying on the clothesline!

I first fell in love with needle felting - which is like painting pictures with wool.  Over several months, I created needle felted wall hangings on boiled wool. This fall, I was invited to take part in a one-day wet felting class in Lakefield.  In both cases, I love working with the beautiful colours and textures of the dyed wool, and intend to continue experimenting with the art of felting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.