Friday, 9 November 2012

On a recent beautiful fall day, I was invited to join a group of very artistic women to try our hands at wool dyeing.  When we arrived at the home of our hosts Rosemary and Alec Robertson, we found pots of water already simmering on the outdoor stoves, and lines set up to hang our newly dyed wool.  It was a magical day, and so inspiring!

I came home full of enthusiasm, and spent the entire next week just playing with different colours and combinations of dyes.... I then turned many of these boiled wool, hand dyed pieces into lovely, one-of-a-kind eyeglass cases, embellished with old buttons from my collection!

Many of these items are available for sale; just click on the Gallery tab at the top of the page.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.