Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Just a few years ago, I was introduced to the art of rug hooking.  After a few failed attempts, I finally got into the hypnotic rhythm of this primitive craft.  I now hook once a week with a wonderful and diverse group of women in Lakefield.  Many of us were coming together for the first time.  But we all seemed to bond over our newfound passion.

It was this same group of women who came to my much-needed aid when I broke my right (dominant) wrist at the beginning of the summer.  Not only could I not hook, even the most mundane of household chores were impossible.  These wonderful women (and several other fabulous friends) became my lifeline! 

Since it was the beginning of market season, and hooking was off the table for several months, I decided to try needle felting (with my left hand!).  I started to experiment with hand-dying wools (so much fun!!); and then wet felting.  The broken wrist forced me to be resourceful, and opened up a whole new world of textile art to me.

I'm so pleased to be up and running on this blog; and hope you enjoy my work as much as I enjoy creating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.