I was recently invited to do a "pop-up" market at the newly opened Towns & Leahy Mercantile, a delightful general store in the tiny village of Duoro just east of Peterborough, Ont.. The store, originally P.G. Towns, serviced the surrounding farming community back in the late 1800s and early 1900s. It was recently newly restored by grandchildren of P.G. Towns in partnership with the Leahy family and focuses primarily on all local produce, meats, chicken, cheeses, eggs ...... It's a joyful place where customers come in and stay a while to visit; local musicians stop by to play some tunes, and folks can sit on the old front porch and enjoy a freshly made deli sandwich...
I took some of my rug hooked pieces to the shop; and planned to do some demonstrating ... instead, I had fun encouraging the many visitors to try rug hooking for themselves. It was a FUN day!!
I had just finished this colourful chair pad in time to show it at the shop. It was sold before I even had a chance to put it on my blog. Happily, the customer sent me a picture of the piece in its new home. Looks great!
 |
| SOLD |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.