Friday, 11 April 2014

Finally some wool dying!

Since much of my rug hooking work includes nature in some way, shape or form, the colour green is essential - and I am now at the very end of my wonderful stash of various greens.

I only dye wool when I can hang the pieces outside to dry so, after a long winter, today seemed like the perfect day to get the dye pot out.  Don't let the snow on the ground fool you.  It's really quite balmy out there right now!

I mixed green, maize and canary yellow (in no particular order) until I got a green that I liked - added a few drops of rust  - and left the wool bunched up and unstirred in the pot so it would come out with a mottled effect that will be perfect for grasses, leaves etc.  I'm happy with the results!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.